With this unique traveler's guide, you'll learn about 128 destinations around the world where discoveries in science, mathematics, or technology occurred or is happening now. Travel to Munich to see the world's largest science museum, watch Foucault's pendulum swinging in Paris, ponder a descendant of Newton's apple tree at Trinity College, Cambridge, and more. Each site in The Geek Atlas focuses on discoveries or inventions, and includes information about the people and the science behind them.
(Click through for even more information).
I've also created a Flickr group Geek Atlas which people who've visited sites in the book can add their photographs. The following sites have been publicly revealed at this point:
- Experimental Breeder Reactor 1
- Bletchley Park in the UK, where the Enigma code was broken
- The Horn Antenna in Holmdel, New Jersey, where the Big Bang theory was accidentally confirmed
- The Trinity Test site in New Mexico, where the first atomic bomb was exploded
- The Alan Turing Memorial in Manchester, England
- The National Cryptologic Museum in Fort Meade, Maryland
- The Joint Genome Institute in Walnut Creek, California
121 more great places to visit in the book.